Well I randomly decided to check up on my Cherise’s (that’s my MINI’s name) coolant levels, and it’s a good thing that I did because the coolant tank in the engine bay was almost empty.

I have not had any overheating problems or leaks (I’m pretty sure I’ve taken care of any and all leaks for the next year at least), I just felt like being a nerd and checking up on it.  I’m glad that I did.

Added some OEM MINI coolant/water mix and now I’m good to go. 🙂







Wheels make the car apparently.  I’ve been getting compliments since I put them on the jellybean.

2013-04-11 19.06.19 2013-04-12 08.25.25



Since I am not capable enough to mount my tires onto my wheels, I had to pay a visit to my boys for some help.

As always, it’s fun hanging out with the boys.


2013-04-05 16.47.45



I meant to post this earlier last week but my schedule got really hectic, but anyhoo, my new tires are here, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!





Well, damn myself.

I told myself (or the blog, rather) that I wasn’t going to spend money, and what did I do?

I spent money.

A lot of it.

So, what did I buy?

I got myself some Hankook tires for my r98’s.

Now, I have to figure out when to get them mounted, or rather when I can afford to get them mounted.


What a slippery slope I’ve come upon.



Finally hit 90,000 miles.

I’m really excited to hit 100,000 miles.



R53: Oil Pressure Removal Socket


Well I’ve been reading that people use a 27mm deep socket to remove the oil pressure sending unit from the oil canister to install an oil pressure sending unit to install an oil pressure gauge. Of course, the socket wouldn’t fit when I tried it on any R53 engines, and I’ve tried many.

After some research, I found a socket from CTA Tools (CTAtools part # 2042) that fits the oil pressure sending unit perfectly.  Silly me, I didn’t consider that the R53 engine is a GM/Chrysler motor, and would indeed require a specialty tool that was made for GM/Chrysler engines.

Here is a link where you can buy this socket yourself to install an oil pressure sending unit. Cost of the socket itself is less than $10, but I could not find it locally and had to pay $10 for shipping.

But $20 didn’t seem like much when the alternative seemed to be using an adjustable wrench with the possibility of stripping the damn nut.