The third session of the week wasn’t really anything new in terms of movements, I only learned that my wrist mobility sucks (see previous entry). Oh, and shoulder blasts are savage; one rep was actually a combination of 24 different movements but at least my shoulders will look really nice come summer time.
The fourth session was a combination of two new movements: the Front Squat and Romanian Deadlift.
I surprisingly did not struggle much with the front squat, I’m unsure if I built up all the muscles required to do a front squat due to all the regular squats I had done for the previous 6 weeks, or if I am just better balanced for a front squat. I’m not complaining though! I just have really bad wrist mobility for holding the bar up, but it was easily solved by relaxing my fingers and using just two fingers from each hand to balance the bar with weight on my delts and neck; very uncomfortable on the neck because I’ve never had anything pressed up against it before but hopefully it’s because I’m not used to it rather than me doing the movement incorrectly.
I have done Romanian Deadlifts before the session at some point in time, months ago, but for some reason I couldn’t feel anything in my hamstrings, just my lowerback, and I couldn’t figure out how to correct it and load the muscles correctly; I’ll have to mess around with it with just a PVC pole some time this week before my next RDL session.
My hamstrings are weak that I couldn’t pull myself up on the Glute-Ham raise (BodyBuilding.com Link) so I had have my exercise modified to do banded hamstring curls, or something like that.